Hi,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 02:57:24PM +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> 1  Include JUnit 4 as an external module in the OOo code base, allowing
> some configure --with-system-junit switch to override it.  We could
> include either

Good.

> 1.1
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/junit/files/junit/4.8.1/junit-4.8.1.jar/download>
>
> which, due to being platform-independent, can directly be used without
> any compilation (and appears to run fine on our Java 5 baseline),
> or

No way. No binary only stuff from somewhere in the tree. Should you do
that, be sure I'll immediately file a P1.

> 1.2
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/junit/files/junit/4.8.1/junit4.8.1.zip/download>
>
> and build it.

That's the way to go if you want to include it in the build.

> 2  Require JUnit 4 to be installed as a prerequisite, checked by
> configure.  We could either
>
> 2.1  try to find it on CLASSPATH (which would imply that set_soenv.in
> must no longer resets the CLASSPATH; which is probably dubious,
> anyway---as dubious as the additional XCLASSPATH), or

Which probably will break a lost of system* stuff, so I'd be wary..
Of course you shoudl try your best (like with the SRB libs,
the tomcat libs or the apache-commons libs) to find out where a junit4
is. [ /usr/share/java/junit4.jar is a safe bet. ]

> 2.2  require that an appropriate configure --with-junit=... switch is
> always passed (which would be optionally available in 2.1, too, to
> explicitly specify the JUnit 4 to be used).

Only when the automatic detection (see above) fails.

Grüße/Regards,

René