Pavel Janík escribió:
Hi,

On 18.3.2010, at 0:03, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

The request is to partially fund the buildbox, so given the response,
my guess is that most people are ok with this. Please let's try to
approve the budget so we can move on. The platform would be on linux
and will improve the spanish locale.

I won't approve the machine just for one locale, sorry. I'd like to see similar system as is for the windows machine we approved a month ago or so.
Pavel:

I don't know what system you are talking about. Can you give me more details?

We need a platform where we can make our builds on demand. We have discussed different alternatives, but no one seems to fit. The buildbot infrastructure is something that resembles what we need, but we can't use it because we can't do our own CWS that modify directly the l10n files. And as I said, we can't do it also because if we work on the current translation we will introduce more confusing terms on the next releases, provided that this revision surely will span over some of them. We can't integrate changes from a partial revision.

So, we need to make builds using a local working copy where we can control the SDF file used for l10n, without bothering others (like you :-), probably) to make us a build.

I don't know if there are any other NL communities that have the same scenario as we do, or at least interested on having a platform like this.

I would like to get a final answer from all budget deciders about this request to know how can we move forward. If it is a no, and it is decided to have a more open platform where all NL communities can be involved, we kindly ask this to be resolved on a short term.

Best regards,

Santiago

PS: cross-posting to devel list, because this talk originated there.