Santiago Bosio wrote:
Hi all,

I'm collaborating with our project co-lead Alexandro Colorado on a complete revision of our spanish UI and Help content translations, because we have detected many errors and terminology inconsistencies across UI elements and mostly between UI and Help content strings.

We have estimated that our plan will extend over some of the next upcoming releases, so we won't work on the current translation, because it will render even more confusing strings on the next releases, but we will make a separate revision, and integrate changes later, when the process is completed.

For that, we need to generate on demand builds to test our progress. So far I've managed to make my own builds, but my hardware is a little too old, and the build process takes roughly 18 hours to complete.

We are seeking to acquire a new build box (quadcore duo with 4 Gb RAM) in order to speed up these builds.

We have estimated a cost of 1000 USD, and we are in conditions to fund half of this amount from our project resources.

Alexandro told me that the dev project had also some money to help fund works related to the project, and that we could ask here to see if we cant get help for our needs. We know our problem is more related to l10n than to a development task, but we don't have other places to ask for this.

So I submit to your kind consideration this request, to help us acquire our own build box.

Santiago,

we had quite comprehensive discussion of your request but the final say is that we are not going to support your request. This is because we don't want to have distributed "offline" build machine which serves only to specific tasks. We agreed that the Spanish version of OpenOffice.org is strategic for the overall success of the OpenOffice.org project, so please don't hesitate to do other reasonable requests to support the Spanish l10n project,

greetings,

Martin
Best regards,

Santiago Bosio