> Getting rid of SvArray might not be enough alone to fix this, but it
> would be a big step in the right direction. Please also have a look at
> the work in cws new_itemsets which tries to get rid of the old
> SfxItemSet implementation and replace it with stl container-based stuff
> whereever possible. Changing such a fundamental datastructure is not
> easy at all, but the new implementation is mostly stable by now -- only
> a few minor glitches remaining.

Where I could find the cws new_itemsets?
Please specify link to it.

By the way.
After replace svArrays by STL containers, in some cases I observed boost of
performance.

For example:
     for (USHORT i = 0;  i < aEntries.size();  ++i)
     {

        if (aEntries.at(i).aFntFmt == rFntFmt)
        {
            aRes = aEntries[i].aId;
            break;
        }
     }

is much faster than:

    USHORT nCnt = aEntries.Count();
    USHORT i;
    for (i = 0;  i < nCnt  &&  0 == aRes.Len();  ++i)
    {
        if (aEntries[i].aFntFmt == rFntFmt)
             aRes = aEntries[i].aId;
    }