Hi,  I want to write custom XML tags to text (in content.xml). The intent of
this effort is to write additional tags(information) that does not show up
in OOo writer, however the information can be analyzed using another
program. These tags should not alter text in any way as shown in OOo writer.
Before attempting to code the solution i tried this approach by hand, just
to see if it works. I defined custom xml tags in meta.xml and then used
these tags in content.xml (around selected portions of my text i added these
custom tags). The text around which i added these custom tags does not show
up in OOo writer.

 Can you please suggest how to solve my problem. I then want to look at api
that allows me to do it. Can you also please suggest if this is the right
approach, or if there is a better way to do the above. I would ideally want
to attempt doing by hand to see if it works and then start attempting it
using code. I am using OOo writer 2.3 (the old one yes) and the
corresponding sdk.

Thanks,
Anil