On 11/15/2010 05:53 PM, Björn Michaelsen wrote:
Hi Anil,

Am Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:35:49 -0500
schrieb Anil Chukkapalli<anilu...@gmail.com>:

  Can you please suggest how to solve my problem. I then want to look
at api that allows me to do it. Can you also please suggest if this
is the right approach, or if there is a better way to do the above. I
would ideally want to attempt doing by hand to see if it works and
then start attempting it using code. I am using OOo writer 2.3 (the
old one yes) and the corresponding sdk.

Have you considered the metadata support in writer?

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer/Metadata_Support

And in case you wanted to stay with 2.3: may be smart tags are something to consider:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Smart_Tags

Regards,
Mathias

OpenOffice.org Engineering at Oracle: http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS