Hi Björn,

>> If so, I think this is not a good idea at all: Consider modules such
>> as toolkit, svtools and svx, where there is a more or less complex
>> (well, let's say: well-arranged and -readable) folder structure below
>> the module's include folder. Putting all those files into the flat
>> <module>/inc/<module> folder will certainly not contribute to the
>> readability of the source tree.
>
> Why would you want to put them into a _flat_ structure?

I don't want to. My understanding was it was required to, in the GNU
make build system.

> Also note that
> from the named modules toolkit and svtools are already migrated to the
> new builds system. Just have a look at cws gnumake2.

Uhm. You see me confused. The trigger of this question was a call from
releng, which told me that in svtools, the content of
svtools/inc/svtools/toolpanel had to be moved to svtools/inc/svtools,
'cause of the new build system, which would not support such sub folders ...

Ciao
Frank