Hi,

> Anyone have any thoughts on
> whether it would fly?

It might but I fear that the coding community would be adversely
affected to a point where people don't work unless paid, or "free
time" programmers get shot down for taking away cash from others,
whatever. Currently if someone says he's working on <subject> and
he's not fast enough for my taste, I can just implement it faster; if
money and prizes come into play, this makes me the evil guy who has
taken away "his" money (even more so if he should have spoken about
his work on the list beforehand)... all sorts of potential problems.

I'd say try it out but keep a close eye on the mood in the community
about it and pull the plug if we feel it creates more trouble than it
solves.

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"