On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Andy Allan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Roland Olbricht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> the database currently only rarely
>> obey the consensus on the wiki page
> The wiki is there to document things. When we say "free wiki world
> map" we mean that the database is wiki-like, not that we're using
> wiki.openstreetmap.org to make the map or run the project.

Nothing personal to you, but I'll take the bait.

This is a really naive and contraproductive argument, nothing is black
and white.  You have to define what it is you are mapping, and you
don't do that in the database. The database is nothing if it wasn't
for all those wikigardeners; voting, structuring, propsing and asking
questions.  Sure you can use the note= tag to define your data,  no
one does.

The attitude against the wiki is pretty disgusting. If I'm new to this
project the wiki and google is the place where I will look for
guidance on how to map "flower=Linnea; how_many=4117; area=yes", even
though tag watch is nice it's still a very long way from what the wiki
provides.

So yes the wiki defines what is in the database, anyone who says
otherwise should be forced to smoke a cigar or two!

I say all this with the deepest respect.
Hava nice one / Erik