El Martes, 10 de Febrero de 2009, Matt Amos escribió:
> as you say, with any luck the queries for users and changesets will be
> cached. so disabling validations would gain us little and admit the
> possibility that invalid data gets into the DB somehow... not saving
> the changesets on each diff might be a win - but is it big enough to
> justify uglifying the code?

I just finished coding a bulk importer which interfaces directly to the MySQL
DB instead of interfacing to the API.

It imports my files in one thirteenth* of the time. Even thinking about the
HTTP overhead and whatnot, I just cannot frakkin' believe that the API
imposes a 1200% overhead on batch create operations. Twelve-frakkin'-hundred
percent overhead.

* Number not scientifically accurate.

So, please have this number in mind when thinking about uglyfying the code in
the name of performance.

Cheers,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <i...@sanchezortega.es>