Sven Geggus wrote:

> Now we would just need something like this:
>
> select way,(tags->'man_made') as man_made FROM planet_osm_point where
> ((tags->'man_made') is not NULL);
>
> What am I getting wrong here?

Nothing. This will work. Mapnik just expects the name used in a filter
to correspond with a column name in the resultset, nothing fancy about
that. The 'as man_made' takes care of this.

Very cool this. What's the speed to access the hstore column, compared
to the generic columns we now have?

On the one hand, this has the potential to greatly increase the size of
the db, as you will now get all kinds of tags you're never interested
in. On the other hand, one can now quickly use keys one never used
before, without the need to reimport the whole db.

--
Lennard