At 2010-05-26 06:27, Gregory wrote:
On 26 May 2010 14:22, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <ava...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 13:08, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to be able to hide all admin boundaries in JOSM using the
> filter method, except admin boundaries that have highway=* or
> waterway=* or natural=* tags also, I haven't been able to figure out
> the right combination of filters to achieve this.

Filters are just search queries, so you can do e.g.:

   boundary=administrative -(highway=* | waterway=* | natural=*)

Maybe it was just me, but it wasn't obvious that you logically "AND" search terms by just space-separating them. I realize, upon close reading of the examples, that the first one implies this*, but maybe it should be re-emphasized down by the "Use | or OR to combine with logical OR".

*When I originally read this example, I was thinking it only works with simple text searches, just like putting two space-separated words in a search engine. It wasn't obvious that the terms could be more complex expressions.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>