At 2010-08-25 01:08, Frederik Ramm wrote:
But some of them are wary of modifying existing objects. How can they know that they are not building on sand - might the very object they are about to edit one day have to be removed because its author has not agreed to the license change?

To understand what needs to be done, I ask do we know what "author" means, exactly? Is it the original creator of a feature? What if others have edited it afterwards, and there is a mix of license acceptance among these users? What about nodes and ways with mixed license status? Is this stuff described (in a few paragraphs at most) somewhere? There's no way I'm reading through the license debate. I'm sure I'm not alone.

(These are literal questions for which I do not know the answers - I'm implying nothing at all)

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>