Hi Sylvain

thanks for your anwers!

But it looks like I have a problem now...

   1. I need to keep the tables ways, rels and nodes because of the diff
   updates
   2. Those 3 tables will continue growing up with each new diff, until I
   reach the storage capacity of the server

The only solution I see is a post-processing that will erase from PostGIS
all the nodes lying outside my bounding box + all the ways using one of
thses nodes + all the relations using one of thses nodes or one of these
ways.

Except if anyone else has a magical solution...

Cheers

Stéphane
--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux"
-- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason
enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon
it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info