Hermann Kraus-2 wrote
> As my Google Summer of Code project I worked on improving Mapnik's text
> rendering. The most important change was adding support for complex
> scripts, but I also implemented some other nice features. You can read
> more about my work here:
> http://mapnik.org/news/2012/10/06/gsoc2012-status9/
> Build instructions are included and I would like to hear about your
> success stories, but bug reports are also welcome.

Hi,
thanks for this great bunch of features. I especially like the possibility
to label boundaries correctly with the displacement parameter. Unfortunately
this feature has the side effect that the displacement parameter now depends
on line orientation and thus breaks my style where I use the displacement
parameter to move labels that they appear above the lines. I would like to
see an option like "line-orientated-displacement=false" or similar to get
the old behaviour back if you need it.
Best regards,
Melchior