On 15.05.13 23:34, Rob Nickerson wrote:
> For transparency I suggested that the SotM conference being promoted and for
> other events I suggested that we include a prominent "events" banner

NACK to any promotion on the front page of osm.org. SOTM (international) ist the
only thing that can be tolerated. Full stop.

People refused to put the SOTM-EU logo there and I see the point (for anybody
outside Europe).

There are so many events over the year in different parts of the world (see the
Wiki Main Page), it makes no sense to promote them on the front page. To
everybody. It makes no sense that I (located in Vienna, Austria) am seeing an ad
for an event in SF, CA. Or Toronto, Canada. Or Cape Town, South Africa. Or
whatever. Nobody will pay me to get there.

There could be an "Events" menu item on the front page of osm.org that links to
some Current events page. This would make much sense. Even more since the
"Community" menu item is dead (don't know what it should link to).

/al