On 16/05/13 13:05, Richard Weait wrote:

Sorry that you didn't get an ad on the front page then.  Obviously you would
now, because the policy has changed.

If policy has changed then could somebody please document what the new policy is so that I am able to apply it when considering your request?

We're having our third (or 4th ?) special guest event of the year, in Toronto,
next week. With visiting OSM-dignitaries from Europe.  I expect that TomH will
deploy the additional ad shortly.  After all, the policy was changed and the
requested tech is all in place.

Please stop trying to drag me into your ridiculous argument. You know as well as I do that you are just trying to make some sort of point with this request because the CWG vote on Monday didn't go the way you wanted.

The truly silly thing is that the CWG vote didn't actually have anything to do with the ads getting deployed, because I had already done that a hour or two earlier, based on the fact that discussion had petered out, time was somewhat of the essence, and nobody had objected to my suggestion the day before that I merge the pull request to add the two ads in random rotation.

To be honest I'm still not exactly sure what CWG voted on, but I as far as I understand it the vote was simply about what to do right now with the outstanding pull request, and not about setting a long term policy on how to handle these things.

In any event there is clearly a difference between advertising an annual conference that expects to have hundreds of delegates and advertising regular small scale meetups - whether the event has a geographical scope in the title is clearly not the only thing that any policy would need to consider.

But anyway, the summary is that I do not want, and do not intend to become, any sort of referee in this ridiculous pissing contest.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/