No, it has nothing to do with Gmail..
Reply-to “munging" is a setting in Gnu Mailman, the mailing list software..
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-admin/node11.html
<http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-admin/node11.html>

Historically people have very strong opinions about whether mailing list
replies should go to he original person or to the list.  So you just have to
pay attention, or always hit “reply all” if you want to reply to the list.