The documentation about the generator tag is on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OsmChange
and I can see it used when I view a changeset on osm, not sure how it
is stored and accessible though

On 18 August 2016 at 05:48, Gregor MacLennan
<gmaclen...@digital-democracy.org> wrote:
> When creating a changeset, many editors (I think both iD and JOSM do it) add
> the attributes `generator` and `version` to the <changeset> element (not to
> the <osm> element that wraps the changeset element, which is documented).
>
> e.g. from iD:
>
> <osm>
> <changeset version="0.6" generator="iD">
> <tag k="created_by" v="iD 1.9.6"/>
> <tag k="imagery_used" v="Bing"/>
> <tag k="locale" v="es"/>
> <tag k="comment" v="diamontare"/>
> </changeset>
> </osm>
>

> I cannot see any documentation of this on the wiki. How is this information
> used, and can it be accessed anywhere?
>
> I ask because I am working on the osm-p2p-server and trying to ensure that
> it matches the OSM API 0.6 as closely as possible.
>
> Gregor

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Newark-on-Trent - UK
Mobile : +44 7474997517

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/christianledermann
https://github.com/cleder/

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>