Given a PostGIS database populated from OSM data by osm2pgsql, and 2 sets of lines (such as the selection of all footways and the selection of all roads) what function or series of functions will result in a list of locations where footways cross roads without any OSM connecting node? (the equivalent of JOSM's "Crossing Ways" warning)

According to the PostGIS documentation, ST_Intersect() includes "Touches", which I assume would be sharing an OSM node.

ST_Crosses() might be what I want, but does it exclude the crossings that share a node? If not, do I just remove all the ST_Intersect() results that are spatially close to ST_Crosses()?

  Thanks,