On 24/02/17 10:26, Jóhannes Birgir Jensson wrote:

But removing functionality and then denying it to be re-added based on
very little but personal objective is unhelpful and detrimental.

As far as I know no functionality has been removed, at least not recently. Rather a request to add functionality has been declined.

I assume you are referring to the fact that at one point it was possible to access this via the browser's context menu but the recent addition of our own context menu has not changed that in any way and you can still access that menu by holding down shift.

Rather what happened is that at some point (most likely in the 1.0.0 release about six months ago) leaflet started marking tile images with a CSS attribute that stops the browser offering image options for them in the default context menu.

I would quite likely accept a patch to override that CSS setting and restore access to the image options in the browser menu but I still do not think we should add such an option to our context menu which is inherently targeted at a more average level of user.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/