On 2/20/2018 12:07 PM, Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski wrote:
This suggests that currently apidb replicas aren't in synchronous mode. Can it be switched to synchronous?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/warm-standby.html#SYNCHRONOUS-REPLICATION

Given the absolutely miserable performance of waiting for the data to hit the disk on replicas, this is a bad idea and not normally recommended, although we could use remote_apply to reduce some of the problems.

The data loss potential is very minimal, particularly since anything that brings down the DB server is likely to cause much larger interruptions to mapping than the loss of 5 seconds of PostgreSQL replication.

It's also not an issue for an editor. The API provides a diff response, so the editor doesn't need to make another request.

In fact, this is the first API call I've seen where it is a potential issue, and we don't even know if it is one for sure. If MapRoulette is doing this as a batch process, it's probably easier to use the changeset diffs anyways.