I think that is underplaying things...

I don't speak for the overpass maintainers but I can't imagine
that hitting it every three seconds for every vehicle that you
are tracking is going to go down well - at least if you are
tracking any even vaguely significant number of vehicles.

If you are building a business on this and selling this to
people as a service then you really should be looking to run
your own overpass instance or something.

Tom