Today, v4.21.0 of the OpenStreetMap Carto stylesheet (the default
stylesheet on the OSM website) has been released. Once changes are deployed
on the openstreetmap.org it will take couple of days before all tiles
show the new rendering.
- Removed unused world_boundaries-spherical.tgz file from scripts
- Switch to osmdata.openstreetmap.de for water & icesheet shapefiles
- Started using ST_PointOnSurface for some label placements
- Adjusted index for military areas
- Adjusted starting zooms for labeling of administrative areas.
- Revert rendering of healthcare key
- Stop place some place labels when the objects become too big or at
- Only render capes as points and render them like other points.
- Only render ferry lines from ways, not relations
- Improved developer internal documentation
Thanks to all the contributors for this release including Nakaner, a new
For a full list of commits, see
As always, we welcome any bug reports at
dev mailing list