Hi Vishal,

First of all: congratulations for getting selected for this years GSoC. I am looking forward to mentoring your project (using deep learning for satellite image recognition)

This mailing list and the OSM IRC channel are mostly for general development. You can have a look at JOSM, since your UI will be integrating there. Most communication for JOSM is done in the issue tracker [1]. You can have a look in there, but most of it is unrelated to your GSoC.

We will discuss the details of your GSoC in private mails, especially the ones concerning the detailed scope of your work and all the technical issues that arise during your GSoC.

During your GSoC, your main communication with the community will be the progress report that you do in regular intervals. You may get some feedback on those reports from community members.

Michael

[1] https://josm.openstreetmap.de/report