On 06/08/2019 12:26, Tom Hughes wrote:
On 06/08/2019 12:04, Dave F via dev wrote:

A user has asked why the image creation tool under 'Share' couldn't automatically add an attribution. It would certainly save me a lot of email sending asking users to add it.

If you mean the option

I'm surprised your confused. I thought I was perfectly clear.

that gives you an image based on the
default rendering then the answer is that all that option does
is to to a custom render using mapnik, and that render has
no way to add an attribution.

Would it be much coding effort?

Yes.

I mean you can certainly do it, but it means writing a whole
bunch of code to work out what font size to use then render
some text and overlay it on the mapnik generated image.

There must be calculations performed to create the clipped image
 especially considering the Scale: option provided.
Inserting an image of the attribution into the corner of the map image at a defined percentage of its size can't add that much additional overheads,

There are plenty of 'image stamper' programs on the market which do similar.

Then you need somebody to answer all the complaints when that
text gets dropped over the top of something important.

Sorry, but that's a ridiculous argument. How many complaints are received about the main page map attribution?

DaveF