Hi,

Building ways and relations requires fast random access, not sequential read / write speed. I think it likely your HDD raid is the culprit, as the 96 RAM won't allow you to process everything in RAM. All of the recent osm2pgsql benchmarks with high throughput for building ways and relations I have seen assume SSDs, and preferably even NVMe if you can afford it.

It is likely even a basic USB 3 connected 4TB SATA SSD will give you better results.

Marco