Thank you for making this, it looks like a lot of work!

These client-side vector tiles at z8? (
https://pnorman.dev.openstreetmap.org/cartographic/mapbox-gl.html)

My laptop (2015 Macbook Pro, 16 GB RAM, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7) appears to
use some effort to show areas with a large amount of data,
For example if I view England + Wales on z8 and then move over to the
Netherlands and then to Germany, at z7 and z8,
CPU usage goes up to >100% for a time, and there is a noticeable delay.
Perhaps part of this is a delay in serving the tiles?

It would be nice to see a demonstration of this applied server-side to
produce raster tiles. Are there any samples of that yet?

– Joseph Eisenberg