> Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> hat am 16.11.2020 10:21 geschrieben:
>
> [...] On the other hand, not just because of the demographics, but also
> because of the OSMFs involvement, like it or not, the iD presets are the law
> of the land and anything else is simply irrelevant.

From my experience with OSM-Carto that is not really accurate.  Whenever iD
presets suggest something different from established practice or community
consensus the result typically is not the meaning of the tag changing to what
iD says.  The result tends to be a huge mess of inconsistent uses.

In other words: iD's power over the development tagging and tag meaning in OSM
is primarily either destructive or affirmative.  iD has the power to wreak
havoc and destroy a tag or it can affirm and support a trend in already
predominantly consistent use.  Same is the case with OSM-Carto.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/