Along these lines, what is the general feeling about committing changes
without an associated JIRA issue?  I've been opening sometimes trivial JIRA
issues in order to associate them with any commit I do, but I'm not sure if
this is required or not.

Also I've found the Eclipse formatter you sent a while back to be very
useful for auto-formatting new files.  Perhaps we should add a link to this
from the website for any new developers.

Sincerely,

Joe