I was able to verify the signature of the source and binary files.  However
I've run into a couple of problems

1) I added the M4 staging repo to the pom.xml of a couple of the samples
from the binary tar.gz and ran them to ensure they worked as expected.  Both
guess and jsf2sample worked fine, however when I tried to follow the "Not a
registered! Register here...<http://localhost:8080/reservation/register.jsf>"
in the reservation sample I hit a NPE:

        at
org.apache.webbeans.reservation.util.LogUtil.getLogger(LogUtil.java:33)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
        at
org.apache.webbeans.inject.InjectableMethods.doInjection(InjectableMethods.java:117)
        at
org.apache.webbeans.component.ProducerMethodBean.createDefaultInstance(ProducerMethodBean.java:184)
        at
org.apache.webbeans.component.ProducerMethodBean.createInstance(ProducerMethodBean.java:151)
        at
org.apache.webbeans.component.AbstractOwbBean.create(AbstractOwbBean.java:153)
        at
org.apache.webbeans.context.DependentContext.getInstance(DependentContext.java:65)
        at
org.apache.webbeans.context.AbstractContext.get(AbstractContext.java:151)
        at
org.apache.webbeans.container.BeanManagerImpl.getReference(BeanManagerImpl.java:784)

I did a bit of debugging, and it appears the injected InjectionPoint is
null.

Gurkan is not able to reproduce this error, so it is possibly something
specific to my environment.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?  I'll try
it on another machine later tonight.

2) I then tried to build from the source zip, and hit a missing dependency
executing "mvn clean install" from the top level openwebbeans directory:
Missing:
----------
1) org.jboss.test-harness:jboss-test-harness-api:jar:1.1.0-CR5

It appears this comes from the 299 TCK:

Path to dependency:
      1) org.apache.openwebbeans:openwebbeans-porting:jar:1.0.0-M4
      2) org.jboss.jsr299.tck:jsr299-tck-api:jar:1.0.1-Final
      3) org.jboss.test-harness:jboss-test-harness-api:jar:1.1.0-CR5

Should we document that JBoss repositories need to be added to your local
settings for the source zip to build?  I know we removed some repositories
from the top level pom.xml.

Sincerely,

Joe