Hi Daisy,

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 1:24 PM, Ying Chun Guo <guoyi...@cn.ibm.com> wrote:
> ...I use Apache Rat to audit license headers. I use wskdeploy repo as the
> trial repo.
> I reported an issue
> (https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-wskdeploy/issues/716)
> to wskdeploy including a report generated by Apache Rat. In the report, all
> the files
> with unapproved licenses will be listed...

This sounds great.

What you want basically is that for any build that's meant to create a release:

-Rat should run
-The build should fail if Rat reports any anomalies
-The Rat exclusions should ideally be defined in the same way for all
modules, for consistency
-The Rat exclusions should be commented to indicate why each exclusion
(or family of exclusions) is here

I think this should be documented in a "coding standards" or "release
management" page, does OpenWhisk have this already?

-Bertrand (with my incubation mentor hat on)