I see how performance of certain components could benefit from switching
its implementation to Go.
Earlier this year I did performance measurements of Go vs Scala http
servers / logging systems. I was able to find a combo of Go based
components that outperformed Scala implementation by 3-4x times.

Thus **+1** to what Markus said with regards to the language choice.