Thanks for the additional information Christian - I took a look at the PR
and added a few comments. I think you can approach this as another quota
(number of activations stored per minute or per hour) and setting the quota
to 0 would disable all stores.

I also don't like the way this was done in the artifact store - it's a fast
hack, but bleeds through the abstractions. We should not do this in my
opinion. At the least, the invoker (and controller) wasted effort and held
up resources gathering logs etc only to be thrown away later.

-r