The position of the ASF is that the foundation release source artifacts
only.

For convenient binaries/artifacts I agree they are useful to provide, but
there are not consider a release or artifacts that we need a vote on it.

I don't think this is blocker to graduate, having releases (ie source tgz)
is the minimum requirement.

After graduation we can continue the discussion and implementation on of
this convenient official/blessed artifacts (docker image, maven, npm) via
ASF automation process after doing a release
>1) How to ensure someone following just this list can follow the
action. Might be solved by just clearly documenting where to look so
that newbies and occasional contributors can jump in easily, and
making sure the places that are linked to don't require permanent
attention.

Bertrand for the information item I think best visible place would be the
website, improve it with more info and guidance on how to contribute and
where to look and maybe more links to the biweekly notes, and monthly
reports

>2) Clarifying where and how releases happen, last time I looked (2-3
months ago?) some "releases" were still happening directly from GitHub
repositories without Incubator PMC votes.

Bertrand I don't follow what you mean by releases directly from github
without PMC votes?
All our releases have gone thru Votes first and then publish into the
Apache server, and link in the website.
http://openwhisk.incubator.apache.org/downloads.html

And we will continue releasing new modules, and releasing updates to
already released modules.

I think Vincent will cut another release of core and java for the package
namespace rename
I think Dave will do the composer-python onced legally cleared
I have intentions to release new runtimes ruby,go and updated ones

I think the Train of releases will continue at faster pace hopefully as we
improve docs and tools to help release manager to go thru the voting and
publishing or releases.

-- Carlos

--
Carlos Santana