Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote on 12/06/2018 03:37:15
AM:

> On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 12:55 AM Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > ...what you mean by releases directly from github
> > without PMC votes?
> > All our releases have gone thru Votes first and then publish into the
> > Apache server, and link in the website.
> > http://openwhisk.incubator.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> I'm thinking for example of
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-wskdeploy/releases
> which seems to be a mix of Apache and non-Apache releases - highly
> confusing if that's the case.

Yes.  The wskdeploy github release page is a mix. This should be addressed
somehow.

> I haven't checked all OpenWhisk repositories but there's also at least
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-cli/releases
>
> I don't think the Incubator PMC has voted on those, unless I missed
something.

Here I think the problem is the 'latest' tag/release.  This is actually a
nightly build that we need to publish somewhere so that other parts of our
CI/CD pipeline can pick up pre-built CLIs.  If this "release" was named
"nightly" instead of "latest" or otherwise indicated as a non-official
release in the github metadata while still being named "latest", would that
work?

--dave