Hi Nick,

> we have the need to create namespaces/authkeys

I have added an initial readme with steps on how to register custom
namespace at [1]. Can you give it a try and let us know if it meet
your requirements. Otherwise we can look into support a minimal REST
api to add user in standalone case

Chetan Mehrotra
[1]
https://github.com/chetanmeh/incubator-openwhisk/blob/openwhisk-standalone/core/standalone/README.md#adding-custom-namespaces