Oh wow, I didn't even know about the Scala repos myself; I need to dig
around the code more! I really like Scala, though it has been a
barrier to entry for several other projects that aren't Scala-specific
(i.e., servers, databases, applications in general; for concrete
examples, see Kafka and Spark).

Go makes sense from an ecosystem point of view, though I don't have
any strong opinions on that language other than it's still lacking
parametric polymorphism, but so is C, so whatever. It's much easier to
use and learn than C, so that is a huge plus for attracting more
developers. It's also far easier to use than C++, another bonus.

Rust sounds like a fantastic language, though without a larger
developer community around it yet, it might not be appropriate for
anything major or we'll end up with even less contributors than in the
Scala case.

Java also has some things in the pipeline for this which might be
useful to consider if there's any desire to gradually port the Scala
code to Java or something like that.

--
Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>