Feedback welcome.

  .. Owen

 - A high-performance columnar file format for Hadoop workloads.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring the board's attention.

## Activity:
 - We made two bug fix releases for the 1.4 branch and will make another
soon.
 - We also need to finalize the ORC 1.5 release.
 - We decided to create a security list.
 - Expanded the development page on the website to help new committers.
 - Refactored the format specification on the website to make it easier
   to add the new ORCv2 specification as we work on it.
 - The Iceberg project https://github.com/Netflix/iceberg from Netflix added
   ORC support.
 - Presentations got accepted about ORC for Berlin Buzzwords and Dataworks
   Summit San Jose.

## Health report:
 - Discovered that our benchmarking code was using a GPL dependency and
   so moved to code to an external github site.
 - The activity level is increasing and drawing from an increasing number
   of contributors. We continue to track the contributions looking for new
   committers and PMC members.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 9 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Eugene Koifman on Tue Sep 05 2017

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 38 committers.
 - New commmitters:
    - Gang Wu was added as a committer on Wed Mar 28 2018
    - Xiening Dai was added as a committer on Fri Apr 06 2018

## Releases:

 - 1.4.2 was released on Mon Jan 22 2018
 - 1.4.3 was released on Thu Feb 08 2018

## Mailing list activity:

The traffic is up this quarter, but in line with expectactions.

 - dev@orc.apache.org:

 - iss...@orc.apache.org:

 - u...@orc.apache.org:

## JIRA activity: