Hi,

we faced the need to open tickets to all of our customers in order to inform
them about the Heartbleed bug and the necessary consequences and we wanted to
have that mail in OTRS as proof of the communication and for tracking.

OTRS does not have an interface to send the same mail to all customers in
seperate tickets with reasonable customer and agent info, so I hacked together
a Python cript that uses the SOAP API to do the magic.

It does:

 * Gather information needed to create the tickets
 * Read exxceptions in the form of e-mail address endings
 * Find all customers that do not match the exceptions
 * Open tickets to all these customers, that:
   - have the correct set of agent and customer
   - are set to "pending auto close+" because we want to get rid
     of the tickets should there not be any feedback

The script has a known bug with everything else than ASCII in ticket title and
body because Unicode in Python 2 is a PITA. I will probably fix that in the
future or wait for patches ;).

https://evolvis.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=useful-scripts/useful-scripts.git;a=blob_plain;f=otrs/otrs-mailcustomers.py;hb=HEAD

Cheers,
Nik