Hello Everyone,

Looking at the code for Article Create a found a very strange line that I think
is wrong. There is a user preference
Ticket follow up notification
Send me a notification if a customer sends a follow up and I'm the owner of the
ticket or the ticket is unlocked and is in one of my subscribed queues.
As far as I can understand if you select a Queue in "My Queues” and set this
preference, then you should get a mail for every followup of any unlocked
ticket in the Queues you selected isn’t it?
Well this is not happening (or I don’t know how to correctly configure this)

My Tests
1 Login with user U1 set all queues in My Queues, enable Ticket follow up
notification
2 Login with user U2 and create a new ticket for customer C1, make sure the
ticket gets unlocked
3 Login with customer C1 and cease a follow up for the ticket

No notification is sent for user U1

Now the offending line:
In Kernel/System/Ticket/Article.pm around line 648:
&& $UserData{UserSendFollowUpNotification} == 2

This is part of an “if” condition the problem is that the setting has normally
only values 0 = No and 1 = Yes, so it never have the value 2 unless you modify
or create a new option for the setting in the SysConfig.

What is much more intriguing is that this line has been there since 2005 or so,
so if i’m correct this has been affecting a lot of OTRS versions.

Do any one have an idea if this is a bug (as I think) or the feature should be
use in any other way?

((enjoy))

Carlos Rodríguez