Hi,

The Internet led me to believe all built-in debug messages are controlled
via $Self->{Debug} in Config.pm. However, it seems that all this does is
enable debug messages for setting load (which are written in Apache
error_log and NOT to OTRS log file / syslog).

I needed to enable built-in debug messages from Ticket.pm (e.g. for ACL
debugging). The best way I found is to set "my $Debug" in customer.pl /
index.pl / etc.

QUESTION_1: Is there a better way? I hate editing customer.pl / index.pl.

It seems OTRS has no central control for all built-in debug messages.
Instead, there are dedicated controls for various subsets of messages.
Besides those mentioned above, it seems there's separate control for web
service debugging, frontend debugging, language debugging, etc.

QUESTION_2: Is there a summary list of all these control points for
enabling built-in debug messages?

/bogdan

P.S: In case any other lost soul is wondering why they can't see any debug
messages in /var/log/messages, beware that by default they are filtered out
by syslog. You need to either switch to logging to file (from OTRS) or
reconfigure your syslog installation.