Hi,

On 02/19/2016 03:11 PM, Finetti, Stefano wrote:
Greetings to everyone, I posted this message in the general otrs list
but I think that the dev list is more appropriate for this kind of
questions. Let me know if I'm wrong, please.

I must confess I'm a bit lost with something that never happened before
with other customizations I've done in OTRS.

I'm trying to create a module for OTRS 4 to help my colleagues work with
our AS400 systems. Nothing very strange, just a new menu to be used to
check various informations about the systems.

I'm not completely new to OTRS customizations, and I've managed to
create some custom module using LayoutObject, DBObject and so. This is
not a code problem, or at least, not an easy one to spot.

When I access the page I created, I got the output correctly formatted
from the query I run on an external DB, and, - and this is the problem -
a long string just below the navigation menu containing a sequence of
numbers, that I've identified with the number of records that my queries
get.

Maybe some part of the code you use (like a library to the connect to the backend) has debugging print statements in it?

You could try to run that code in isolation from the command line (that is, not through the browser and web server) and see if it produces output.

And/or you can try a trick like described in here:
http://stackoverflow.com/a/3508679/14132
to capture output, but only from within Perl (if it calls a C library that prints to STDOUT, this won't capture it).

Hope this helps,
Moritz