Report from the Apache Parquet committee [Julien Le Dem]
Parquet is a standard and interoperable columnar file format for
there are no issues requiring board attention at this time
The community has been converging toward a 1.9 release. The vote will start
in the coming days. Discussion about better encoding and vectorization apis
The parquet-cpp repo has reached a stable state and should release soon.
Integration with arrow-cpp is now in the parquet-cpp repo.
## Health report:
The PMC and committer list are growing. Discussion is happening on the
mailing list, JIRA and regular hangout sync up. Notes are sent to the
## PMC changes:
- Currently 22 PMC members.
- Wes McKinney was added to the PMC on Thu Sep 01 2016
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 25 committers.
- Uwe Korn was added as a committer on Sun Sep 04 2016
- Last release was Format 2.3.1 on Thu Dec 17 2015
## Mailing list activity:
- Activity on the mailing list is still relatively the same
- JIRAS are resolved about at the same pace they are opened.
- 172 subscribers (up 9 in the last 3 months):
- 486 emails sent to list (394 in previous quarter)
## JIRA activity:
- 85 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 74 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months