Hi,

We start using Parquet file format in one of our projects for efficient storing
of data to S3 and later querying of data in RedShift.
How do we make sure we use the latest version of Parquet and how to know what
version is being supported by different query engines? (e.g. Presto, RedShift
etc.)

Is this a good place to track versions?
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cparquet

By looking at this video – it seems like version 2.x of Parquet format is in
progress? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZNjmfx4LMc

Also how can we know what version of Parquet is being supported by Spark 2.0
and is it possible to change the parquet version (and how) in Spark?
And how would we know that different version of Parquet will work with
different query engines..

Please refer me to some guide/blog if you have for some of the questions above.

Thank you,
Vladimir
Data Manager

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to
Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of
work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is
intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.