I propose the following RC2 to be released as official Apache Parquet MR
1.9.0 release. This includes a fix for column projection that was the
reason for cancelling RC1.
The commit id is 38262e2c80015d0935dad20f8e18f2d6f9fbd03c
* This corresponds to the tag: apache-parquet-1.9.0
The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
You can find the KEYS file here:
Binary artifacts are staged in Nexus here:
This release includes:
* Support for Hadoop's ByteBuffer read API
* Dictionary-based row group filters
* Cascading3 integration
* Predicate push-down for Pig
* Decimal, timestamp, and date support in Avro
* Numerous bug fixes
Please verify, test, and vote by the end of Friday, 21 October 2016.
[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Parquet 1.9.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because...