hi Zoltan -- my quick read is that one appropriate fix in parquet-cpp
would be to exclude NaN values from statistics calculations (there is
also the case that the whole row group is NaN for a column, in which
case we should not write statistics perhaps?)? This might not take too
long to fix in parquet-cpp, and we have some other patches up that we
could merge in as well.

Deepak, Phillip, or Uwe do you have any time to look at this? I can
also make time to look

Thanks
Wes