Hi Manik,

The supported compression codecs that ship with Parquet are tested and
validated in the CI pipeline. Sometimes there are issues with compressors,
therefore they are not easily pluggable. Feel free to open up a PR to the
project if you believe if there are compressors missing, then we can have a
discussion.

It is part of the Thrift definition:
https://github.com/apache/parquet-format/blob/37bdba0a18cff18da706a0d353c65e726c8edca6/src/main/thrift/parquet.thrift#L470-L478

Hope this clarifies the design decision.

Cheers, Fokko