Thank you for your question Manik,

First of all, I think most of the people working on this project are guys,
but I would not exclude any other gender.

Secondly. Parquet is widely used in different open source project such as
Hive, Presto and Spark. These frameworks scale-out by design. For example,
Spark writes by default 200 files to the persistent store. I think
multi-threading (or multi-processing) should be implemented at such a
level. For example, you could write multiple parquet files from your
application. Having multiple threads writing to the same thread would not
make too much sense to me. Please let me know your thoughts on how you see
multi-threading within Parquet.

Cheers, Fokko