Thanks a lot, Antoine for the summary and heads up. #166 is merged
already. The others do not seem to be crucial for the next release but
I am fine waiting a bit for the authors' response. (parquet-format
thrift bump is not really important because even though we are
releasing the generated java classes we are not using them in
parquet-mr so this is mainly a testing issue.)
"Core features" is clearly not in a shape to be finalized soon so we
can postpone it to the release after.

Cheers,
Gabor